Sunday, December 16, 2012

What if Money Didn't Matter

What If Money Didn't Matter

I saw this video on youtube today. So I want to share it with all of you.



"What would you like to do if money were no object?
How would you really enjoy spending your life?"

I spent lots of time in my early 20s thinking about this question.

I wanted to be happy and free,
I wanted to see the world,
I wanted to meet lots of different people and see how they live their lives.

Though I think totally ignoring the importance of money is unrealistic. We still need to fulfill our needs for food and shelter before we can reach out to pursue our true interests and passions. But this question is worth pondering, so that we don't get lost in the pursue of materialism and forget about things that really matter to us.

Now at times when I feel insecure I remind myself that I'm on the right track and I'm doing the things I love. I hope that in the near future, when I don't have to worry about money, I can still be doing the same thing, traveling to places, learning, teaching yoga, and spending time with the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment