Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Few Thoughts on the Flyers

I opened my email mailbox, another mail from a stranger, asking about info regarding gallery yoga classes. She saw my flyer and wants to give it a try.

How wonderful, I thought. That these papers with messages are really working, to bring people to yoga, to connect strangers together through a common interest.

These flyers were designed by Sadao. A man who makes a living by designing business cards, packages, posters, etc. And a man who I'm honoured to have built a relationship with in the past two years.

After we received these flyers delivered to our place, at night we were out on the bicycles to distribute them. I still remember how my mind struggled before walking into each cafe and residential building. "Would they understand my Japanese? How would they react to my request? There must be security cameras at the gate! The security guard would come out and stop me from inserting them into mailboxes..."

Up until now, we have given out about 1500 copies of flyers. Some were left in the corners at cafes. Some got buried down by new posters. Some got thrown away into the trash. Only 1% of them, carried the efforts and creativity of the designer, caught people's attention and initiated the connection.

I must say I still don't like going from door to door to give out flyers. But I really want to thank them, for making me a more humble person, for giving me more chances to meet and share yoga with amazing people and yogis out there.

Is it destiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment